What is the discovery tool?
The discovery tool is a developmental tool that students and staff can use to self-assess their digital capabilities, identify their strengths and opportunities to develop their skills further to enhance their practice of learning.
It uses a series of reflective questions that relate to our framework building digital capabilities: the six elements defined.
On completion, your staff and students will receive a personalised report with suggested next steps and links to free resources that can help them develop further. Subscribing organisations can add their own training resources.
Tool features (for subscribers only):
- Access to the full version of the tool for any staff or student
- Role specific question sets for FE and HE teaching staff, library and learning resources staff, new students and current students. In addition, a specialist question set focusing on accessibility and inclusion
- Personalised reports with tailored feedback, next steps and links to resources
- The ability of organisations to add their own CPD resources
- A rich collection of freely available curated resources browsable by theme
- Access to (anonymised) organisational level data dashboards on your staff and student capability and confidence
- Virtual or face-to-face debrief and support around building a digital capable organisation and discovery tool implementation
Who is it for?
Our discovery tool has been designed to support individual staff and students in colleges, universities and training providers.
How can I access the tool?
The discovery tool is available to staff and students from subscribing organisations only. Get in touch for more information or to request a call to discuss how the discovery tool can help your organisation.
It has been a fantastic resource to help raise the profile of digital capabilities and dispel some of the anxieties around this. This is helping us to win hearts and minds and create an openness that will inform a considered programme of support that aligns to broader personal, team and organisational objectives.Non Lloyd Scantlebury, academic engagement manager, library and computing services, University of Hertfordshire
Discovery tool security
We make sure that the discovery tool is secure for our users. You will find all the information on discovery tool security in one place.