The following information is needed for Jisc to manage your subscription to the building digital capability service. We'll use it as described in our standard privacy notice to provide the service you've requested, as well as to identify problems or ways to make the service better.
We will keep the following information for the relevant periods stated:
- for expressions of interest we will keep any personal data regarding queries about the service for 12 months from the date of enquiry and any non-personal data for up to 3 years in case of any further queries
- for subscriber data we will keep personal data whilst it's needed to deliver the service and for an additional 12 months in the case the service is renewed within that period
- for case studies we will keep personal data regarding the case study for 12 months and non-personal data for up to three years
- For feedback forms we will keep personal data for 12 months from the date of provision of feedback in order to follow up as necessary regarding service enhancement
You may instruct us to stop processing it at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and asking to be removed from communications around this service. Until then, we’ll use it only to contact you regarding the service, including updates on progress and purchasing information.
Discovery tool user privacy statement
The following information is needed for Jisc to manage your subscription to the digital capability service. We’ll use it, as described in our standard privacy notice outlined above, to provide the service you’ve requested, as well as to identify problems or ways to make the service better. We’ll share this information with third parties so they can process the data on our behalf; our contract prohibits them from using the information for anything else.
If you are eligible and wish to obtain a digital badge your name and email address will be shared with Credly who produce them; our contract prohibits them from using the information for anything else.
Your data will be shared by Jisc in an anonymised way, enabling us to produce institutional reports with aggregated data only.
We’ll keep your data whilst it’s needed to deliver the service. After your last use of the discovery tool, we will keep your personal data for an additional twelve months in case you should want to access your data during that period and your non-personal anonymised data for up to 3 years as part of aggregated institutional reporting. However, you may instruct us to stop processing it at any time by emailing email@example.com with ‘Digital capability discovery tool stop’ in the title.
How your data is used
We have created a data flow map (pdf) of the information gathered for the Jisc building digital capability service so you can see how it is used.
Jisc is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, registered in England
- Company number: 05747339
- Charity number: 1149740
- Our registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA.