Community of practice
Join our active community of practice
It is an open community that welcomes both experienced participants and those who have not previously engaged in this field but who would like to find out more.
With over 100 active participants, the network events and mailing list offer opportunities for colleagues to work together on all aspects of digital capability for staff and students.
Benefits of membership
- Keynote speakers share their vision and strategy
- Introduction to resources that will help your students and staff
- Opportunities to network and learn from others
- Updates on latest initiatives and research
And there’s more
Subscribers to our building digital capability service will also receive two priority places per institution for each of the two community of practice events held each year.
Thanks to all for organising and participating in a brilliant workshop. Great sharing of ideas and initiatives and a lot of inspiration to take back to University of Northampton.Jim Harris, learning designer, University of Northampton
Join us for our next community of practice event on 27 November 2019
We’re are pleased to announce registrations are now open for our next Building Digital Capability Community of Practice event on the Wednesday 27 November. Please see our event page for further details on the agenda and information on how to register.
This, our sixth event, is being run in partnership with The University of Edinburgh, and will be held at the Radisson Blu, Edinburgh from 9.30am to 15.45pm. We are delighted to be holding this event in Scotland for the first time, and hope to see many of you there.
Previous community of practice events
You can view our programme, presentations, recordings and resources of our previous events
- Birmingham 9 May 2017
- Birmingham 30 November 2017
- Leicester 22 May 2018 – kindly hosted by the University of Leicester in collaboration with Jisc
- Hertfordshire 21 November 2018 - kindly hosted by the University of Hertfordshire in collaboration with Jisc
- London 14 May 2019 - kindly hosted in collaboration with UCL and the Bloomsbury Learning Environment (BLE)
We would like to share the following resources that have been used at our community and other events:
The game of digital pursuits - this is a good icebreaker that helps people to talk about digital capabilities in a practical and non-threatening way. How many 'cheeses' or 'pies' can you collect?
(NB: a dice and coloured game components are required)
Step change: the game of organisational digital capabilities - a board game designed to prompt discussions on the
(NB: a dice and counters are required)